The latest edition of my web show is one that any of you interested in the higher potentials of relationship will enjoy getting stuck into. One of most comprehensive books I have come across on relationships is Martin Ucik’s ‘Integral Relationships’: A Manual for Men. Rather than simple self-help points, this is a comprehensive approach with deeply-researched models and it’s the first book in the marketplace which takes a vertical developmental approach (consonant with integral theory or Spiral Dynamics):
In this interview we look at:
– the state of the nation of intimate relationships (increased divorce rate from 2nd and then again for 3rd marriages)
– why men benefit more from being in a relationship and women often do worse in relationship than when single
– what relationship typically looks like at different levels of consciousness
– passion, intimacy and dependence (which I think talks well to the 3 instincts of the Enneagram) and what happens if one of these crucial 3 is lacking
– and other tips and practices for relationships in a post-modern and post post-modern world
Thanks Martin for being a great guest on the show and for creating frameworks and understanding to guide men towards what is really going on in their quest for fulfilling and enduring relationship.
For more on Martin’s work, book and workshops, please visit his site Integral Relationships.