If you think leadership maturity must be about being an grey-haired CEO, then you’ve got some fun discoveries to make here. Beena Sharma is a veteran of organizational and leadership development and a co-founder of the Center for Leadership Maturity. For many years, she has worked side-by-side with Dr Suzanne Cook-Greuter whose ego development profiling tools are world-leading. Most people don’t really develop after their 20s in terms of how they fundamentally experience who they are and what life is. It’s kind of arrested development. So much more is possible. If you are not familiar with the idea that the ego develops in stages, you need to tune in. If you are not familiar with the idea that leadership capacity develops in stages, you need to tune in. If you don’t think of yourself as a self-system, you need to tune in!
“Vertical development” will become a buzz word in learning and development in the next 5 years (IMHO). There is no one better placed to explain what it means and what the implications for you are than Beena.
Some of the topics we explore are:
– what polarities are, and why managing them is important if you want to up level your life
– what leadership maturity is, why it matters and how you might assess your own maturity level
– how expanding your leadership awareness means you can have more choice in your behavior and actions
– why having a greater internal orientation can actually help those around you
– how more mature leaders can take multiple perspectives, see themselves less statically and start to see the world through interdependent systems as well as themselves as a system
– and, as always, much much more!!
Thanks for tuning in!